View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Gold : 23031

Character sheet
Name: Blair

PostSubject: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 am

During the Civil War where three major clans had started a war for Talera, a few had wished to leave this place to escape the chaos and carnage. Few went to live with the Elves, most went through the mining tunnels of the Dwarves and lived in their Homeland while the rest ventured over the sea to their country. However, few decided to leave but not venture toward either of the three most desired destinations. One of such people was called, Nokka. A human stable-boy for the Thornheart Clan of Southwest Talera. His idea was to pass the Dragon Spine mountains to the South and venture to uncharted land and begin a new. He had spent several coins on supplies and the rest went to a horse he had taken care of since birth named Blithe. Together they got several others to volunteer for the expedition through an ancient mountain path that was lost after The Spirit Era due to the fear of said Spirits.

"It should take us about two weeks..." Said Nokka as he examined the maps of Talera. He had settled with his comrades in the Mountain Side Inn within a small guard post that had risen to a small Village called Boartusk sometime before the war broke out. "Or at least with rest. We should save our food as well." He also had a piece of parchment next to him with scribbles that most couldn't read. "We should have enough to get by."

One of the other men then crossed his arms as his weight shifted, "And what of weapons? For now all we have is one iron sword, a steel blade, one bow, and four arrows. That certainly won't protect us against anything we may cross out there. Plus, there are seven of us. Three weapons won't be all that good."

Nokka nodded, "Yes, I have that covered. I checked with Fort Boulder this morning upon our arrival. They have enough weapons to spare and I have scrambled up enough gold to buy some. Just enough weapons for the rest of our group." He pointed to one of the men in the back of the room, "Would you mind fetching these weapons? They said they would have gathered them in a bundle for us by dusk." Before he even let the man reply he motioned towards another, "Go help get the weapons and then return here. We leave at dawn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://knightsofthehood.forumotion.com
Hinin Twilian

Gold : 22173

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 am

Carn nodded and hurried off along with one of the other men. He was only 17 but his house hold hadn't had the best of luck as of late. his father had gone off to fight and his mother had taken ill. His three little brothers had begged to go along but he couldn't afford to risk them. His mother didn't like the idea as it was but the brothers could help her recover. He had to go with the group though. He had hopes that there would be gold or maybe treasure that may be able to help the rest of his family get out of town while they could. He knelt down and examined the four swords laying in a pile. "I guess these are it eh?" There was a scimitar, two long swords, and a short sword.

The other man nodded and said "I'd say so, Carn." The man picked up the scimitar and one of the long swords. Carn picked up the short sword and the remaining long sword and stood up.

"Ok I guess we should head back then right?" The man nodded and they walked back casually with the arms in hand. When they arrived, Carn took the short sword for himself and handed out the rest of the weapons to the others. "Here they are, Nokka. Though I am sure that they will be suffice. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutosiz.forumotion.com
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 am

"Yes..." He bit his lip a bit and looked at the archer. "You, better make those arrows count. I expected to get some from the Fort but I suppose they had none to spare. Stupid war...it is hurting everyone. Even the local smith didn't have anything to spare." Nokka swore silently to himself and then blinked. "Ah yes..." He pulled out a dagger hidden under some of the rugged clothes he was wearing and tossed it to the archer, "I had this. Wont be much of use if we fight some real foes but it may come in handy for you." With a smile he got up and walked towards the stairs. "Everyone better get some sleep. We leave in the morning." After a quick yawn he went to his room upstairs and went to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:54 am

He nodded and went home, enjoying a quiet nights sleep. He thought he should be worried about the journey but then there wasn't anything to worry about. Just a change of scenery. He dreamed of a powerful dragon attacking and a hero rising up to defend the land but the dragon breathed a strange purple essence. Just as it was about to engulf the land, Corn woke in a panic.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Nokka was already up and about making last minute preparations. He woke everyone up, recounted their supplies, and then made sure everyone knew what their job was. Carn in particular was to keep track of who ate what food or drank water. The others had specific jobs but weren't as important. "Okay, everything is ready. Let's go."

Now the journey could begin as the group of seven headed to a new life. It took them about a day to reach the base of the mountain from Beartusk and just outside of the ancient path a few people almost changed their minds but Nokka made a speech that made them change their decision. For a few more hours they ventured through the long spirit made path and then came to a stop where the path became wide enough for them to set up camp.

Nokka took a bundle of wood from the saddle of Blithe and set them up for a fire. Then he un-saddled Blithe and set down to rest. "What a walk." He pulled out the map and started looking over the scribbled documentation of the land on his parchment. "I didn't think that they pathway would be so long..."
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Carn sat in a tent writing little numbers down. He was adding up how long it might take them to make the distance and how many times a day it would be safe to eat and drank water. He whispered to himself "Ok so maybe three swigs a day. That should be suffice. And...hmm lets see. two meals a day. " He rubbed his chin. "Ah this stinks. Whats the use of learning this stuff anyway if I don't even know how to properly use it?" He went back to scribbling.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Nokka had just finished his second meal of the day and walked into his tent. The rest of the men had either gone to sleep or were in their tents with the lantern on hanging from one of the wooden spokes that held it up. He quickly became bored and decided to take a patrol of the area before resting for the night. Nokka then went and hooked his steel blade to the leather belt around his waist. Once the weapon was secure on his hip he then took a worn out cloak with a hood and pulled it on over his shoulders and head. Before leaving he stopped in on Carn, "I'm going to check the area before sleep to night. You are in charge until I return."

He had been walking for perhaps an hour and the moon was bright in the sky. It seemed like everything was clear when he suddenly noticed something strange occur. Everything felt strange, like he had suddenly entered a dream. As skeptical as he was at first he convinced himself he was still awake but something certainly felt off. Around this time he noticed an odd pattern in the narrow stone path carved in the mountain.

Nokka went to investigate and found a set of stone stairs made into the stone. It was an odd sight and they seemed to continue up the stone wall for what seemed like forever. After climbing the stairs for an eternity he finally reached the top. He was weary and panting from the long climb and what he found surprised him. It was a flat surface that had been carved into the mountain. Nokka was impressed to see that he could look over a large portion of Talera before it faded into the night. It was peaceful and most of his worldly worries had faded from his mind.

As he was turning to leave he caught the glimpse of what appeared to be yellow eyes peering into his own. It sent chills down his spine and even more so when they suddenly shifted. Nokka was suddenly aware that he was not alone.

Slowly the creature moved from the shadows of it's cave in the mountain side and was soon revealed as a large and impressive looking dragon that struck fear in Nokka's heart. It had a unique scale pattern that glimmered in the moonlight. He was mostly black with yellow patterns in his wings and underbelly. A low humming growl emitted from the massive dragon's throat as it stared at Nokka who was slowly reaching for his blade. "That would not be a wise choice little human." This came off as a warning that made Nokka's eyes widen just a little.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:45 am

having his orders, Carn sighed and watched the area closely.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:33 am

"I am impressed you were able to make your way up here child." The dragon spoke with a raspy voice.

Nokka stared into his yellow eyes and released the tension from his body. "Aye, but of you...why are you up here?"

The dragon seemed to nod a bit as he approached the edge of the carved cliffside. "This place was built by the Ancient Dragons of legend and after that the Spirits had their hand in making parts of the world as well. Beyond this path is where the spirits live...I am a simple guardian to warn those whom come this way."

His eyes narrowed at the dragon's words and he crossed his arms, "Warning? What kind of warning?"

With a hint of hesitation the dragon spoke softly, "Those who cross the Ancient Path shall never return to Talera." Before Nokka even had a chance to reply he suddenly found himself back in the pathway below, the stairs and dragon gone but the memory still very alive in his head.

"That was peculiar..." He started to wonder what it meant for the others, he had no plans on returning but he couldn't say the same for the others of his group. With this in mind he headed back for the camp. Once he arrived he gathered everyone in the center of their small camp and gave them the news, "Anyone who ventures to the end of this pathway shall never be able to return to Talera..."
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Doubt pushed its way into Carn's head. "What do you mean never return? whats going on?" He stood up, a bit worried. "I can't afford to go home empty handed. So there for, unless I am to be paid right now, I am going to stay on the path. If something new arises, then I will deal with it then but until then, this is my choice." He nodded as if confirming his suspicions.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Most of the other men expressed their troubled thoughts of Nokka's statement but he stayed his way. "I am not sure what it is but something lays at the end of this road. Whatever it is shall allow us to enter but not to leave. We will find salvation but will never return to Talera. It is as simple as that."
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:21 am

"I am in. As i said. I cannot leave this journey empty handed. One way or another, I will continue on. "
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Nokka nodded, "Alright then. Anyone else have something to say?" Two of the men decided it was best to leave so they gave up their arms before departing from the group and heading back out the path and to Boartusk village. "Okay, so there are only five of us now. Is everyone okay to continue? If so then we will part at the first sign of daylight."
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Carn made camp around the fire and went to bed early that night. He hadn't said much to anyone. He had been going through his head everything that would transpire.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Nokka woke up pretty early the next morning and ate some bread from their rations. A few of the other men awoke just a bit after he did and conversed a bit. Nokka kept pondering the worlds of the dragon he had met and wondered what lay at the end of this ancient path. "We should head out now." He said and glanced at the others.

Once everyone was ready to go and the tents were folded up and strapped to Blithe, they continued South through the mountain path. It was a fairly long journey that day and they only stopped once for rest and food. Eventually the sun would gradually set over the horizon and night would decend.

Nokka instructed them to stop and set up camp just before the sun would set so that light wouldn't be as scarce. The first thing he did was set the fire in the center of the large opening in the path and then sit by it while the others set up tents. "Carn, don't forget to count our supply, I want to make sure nothing is missing." A yawn escaped his lips and he rubbed his stomach. "Who wants to go hunt with me? I'm sure we could find some mountain boar or some other animal worth catching..."
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 pm

"No worries. Counting now. " He had been going through all the supplies since they arrived. He added the numbers up in his head making sure all was accounted for.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Nokka nodded at Carn and walked towards a tent that acted as a post to tie Blithe to as well as store the items that were once tied to his back. He scavenged through the supplies and picked up the re-curve bow and arrows the archer left behind when he decided to leave the expedition. "So, who is going with me?" After asking he placed one thigh on ether side of the wood and pulled one end of the bow string through a notch on the bottom ridge. He then took his right foot and held it inside the space between the string and wood. With great effort he used his own weight to push the bow down and loop the string on the other end of the wood. Now the bow was strung and ready for use. He placed it over his shoulder and waited for someone to decided.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Carn continued counting growing bored as he quickly approached the last of the items on the list. "So far so good."
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

One of the men finally volunteered and they started to head back through the back from which they came. Before departing Nokka stopped by Carn, "You're in charge again. Have fun." Then he walked away with his hunting companion. Together they scaled one of the stone walls which took quite some time. Eventually they found a place to pull themselves up and walk the rest of the way up the mountainside. "Alright then...Now we hunt."

The rocky slopes of the mountain were dangerous but Nokka tried not to pay any attention to it as they continued on their journey. Somewhat of a fag descended on them and made it just a bit harder to see but they pushed on. It took them a while but they eventually found one of the mountain deer that lived in the caves and attacked it. Nokka managed to clip it with an arrow and was able to return with a large bit of meat.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 pm

During the hunt, Carn had been counting. Once the counting was done, he sat against a large rock and sighed. Once the meat was back he smiled lightly, feeling hungry. "Welcome back. How goes the hunt?"
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 am

"Animals are scarce in this region but we managed to hunt down one deer. It is a fairly large beast so it should give us plenty of food." He dropped it on the stone and then called one of the man to skin the hide and store it. After that he was instructed to cut the meat into slices for storage and save anything else that could be useful in their journey. Once Nokka was satisfied he stepped into his tent and turned the lantern on above with a flint and steel box.

He pulled out a little leather journal and then wrote down some information of the days transpired. After finishing he put the book away, turned out the lantern, and stepped back out. The deer had been stored and everything seemed in order. "Okay then, I'm going to sleep for the night. If anyone needs something don't hesitate to wake me." Nokka gave a sluggish wave before returning to his tent for the night.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Carn looked up at him and said "Hey I am gonna go do some exploring for a bit. I'll be back in a few. " With this, he pulled a cloak around him, took his sword, and made a walk into the darkness. He wanted to see some stuff and just traveling would be too bland. This way he got a good idea of the area.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Nokka nodded, "Alright then, don't get lost." He watched as Carn departed and then went back into his tent to jot done a few notes in his leather bound journal.
Back to top Go down
Hinin Twilian

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Carn walked and walked, enjoying the scenery and the moonlit night. He loved how the mood and stars seemed to light up the night as he walked.
Back to top Go down
TH3infamousD0G
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Meanwhile the others stayed at the camp and waited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross the Ancient   

Back to top Go down

Cross the Ancient
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1